Friday, March 29th marked the end of three weeks of home repair hell. The carpenter finished up the wet bar, attached the new soffit vent covers in the family room, fixed some minor plumbing issues and did a pretty decent job cleaning up. The plumbing crew returned to paint, yes paint, the laundry room wall as well as the entire office. By 6pm everyone had left and we were really just left with a little painting to do under the family room soffit (plumbers to return on 4/5 to do it), attach the vent cover and replace an outlet cover in the office plus a lot of dust to clean up in each room.
Next up is yet another contractor coming in on April 9th to replace some of the office’s waterproof floor tiles before that room and the family room can get carpeted on the 12th. So we still have some time before we can finally move our crap back downstairs. The end is definitely near.
Here’s a list of things done to date:
- carpets removed in two rooms
- wet bar removed
- wall behind washer/dryer torn down
- trench cut into floor of three rooms (power inadvertently cut in kitchen and dining room)
- power restored (plumbing co. picked up the tab)
- HVAC vents removed from the floor in two rooms
- new HVAC vents added overhead in two rooms
- new HVAC return added in family room (via crawl space)
- backup drain tiles added and tied into existing sump pump well
- new soffits built in office and family room
- wet bar rebuilt
- wall behind washer/dryer rebuilt
- laundry plumbing replaced and new dryer vent added
- sump pump well covered and sealed (as req’d by the inspector)
- office repainted
- wall behind washer/dryer repainted
A full before and after photo gallery will be posted after the carpet is installed. Stay tuned.